Mount Schank, South Australia
Looking for that next step in your farming career? Opportunity for development with an excellent remuneration package - this is an opportunity not to be missed!
We are Thomas Foods, family-owned since 1988 we are one of Australia's largest family-owned businesses. With teams across the world, the opportunities to advance your career are boundless.
We are looking for people to join the Thomas Foods family with a proactive, positive, and can-do attitude and contribute to an industry that's the cornerstone of our country's economy. And you'd be having a pretty good time doing it, too. Thomas Foods hires staff from a diverse range of backgrounds with a variety of knowledge, skills, and abilities.
About Mount Schanck
Mount Schanck is seen as one of the premier properties in Australia, due to its mix of climate, irrigation potential and soil types. Situated 15mins south of Mount Gambier and 10 mins from local fishing and surf beaches. Comprising of 7200 acres of which 1700 acres are under irrigation. Currently running 2200 breeding cows and 9500 composite ewes.
About your role
Reporting into the Farm Manager, you will work closely with contractors, tradespersons, veterinary services where engaged, and other TFI staff as required.
Your responsbilities span across:
- Involved in cattle and sheep processing when required.
- Livestock moves using motor bike or vehicle.
Facility and infrastructure management
- Maintain farm infrastructure (including buildings, sheds, fences, gates, water tanks, dams).
- Performs routine maintenance within competency limits; arranges other maintenance as required.
Plant and Equipment
- Operates farm machinery and equipment, including but not limited to tractors, lawn mowers, generators, tools and equipment.
- Ensures farm machinery and equipment is serviced and maintained in accordance with manufacturer's requirements.
Farm Security and Maintenance
- Performs general farm and site maintenance as required or directed by TFI.
- Performs any other duties as directed or required
Why Thomas Foods?
As a valued member of our team, we will offer you multiple extra benefits in line with your role:
- Guaranteed 38 hours a week;
- 10 day on and four days off roster;
- Progressive career opportunities;
- On the job training;
- Employee rewards and benefits.
Don't wait to make your move, the time is now! Apply today!