Mount Schank, South Australia
Looking for that next step in your farming career? The volcanic beauty that is Mount Schank is calling your name!
Opportunity for development and leadership, and an excellent remuneration package - this is an opportunity not to be missed!
We are Thomas Foods, family-owned since 1988 we are one of Australia's largest family-owned businesses. With teams across the world, the opportunities to advance your career are boundless.
We are looking for people to join the Thomas Foods family with a proactive, positive, and can-do attitude and contribute to an industry that's the cornerstone of our country's economy. And you'd be having a pretty good time doing it, too. Thomas Foods hires staff from a diverse range of backgrounds with a variety of knowledge, skills, and abilities.
About your role
As our Stockperson your role plays an integral part of the operations team of Thomas Foods International Rural (TFIR) team. Working across all aspects of the Mount Schanck property, your responsibilities will include working within a team environment managing livestock, irrigation and pasture maintenance. It is a role suited to someone with proven experience and aptitude for all facets of livestock and general agricultural farming.
General Daily stock inspections
Working with the Famr Manager you will ensure all movements are correctly recorded and restrictions are correctly observed and manage the following:
- Animal husbandry tasks on a daily basis
- Animal processing on daily basis (Yard work)
- Ensure all tags are kept together and up to date.
- Keep production records to support the development of the herd as well as the day to day production need.
- Undertake a range of animal handling activities associated with cattle and sheep management in a low stress and passive manner.
Animal Health and Nutrition
- Maintain high welfare standards.
- Administer medication and maintain drug records as needed.
- Condition score cattle and sheep.
- Ability to identify sick or underperforming animals, treat and notify
- Involved in calving and lambing, taking responsibly to ensure high lambing and calving percentages
- Involved and help organise calf and lamb marking
- Help organize and being involved in artificial insemination times
Why Thomas Foods?
As a valued member of our team, we will offer you multiple extra benefits in line with your role:
- Progressive career opportunities;
- On the job training;
- Employee rewards and benefits.
Don't wait to make your move, the time is now! Apply today!